Tuesday, September 25, 2012

9/25/2012 ~ Eight-Legged Creepy Crawlies

More news of the effects of the abnormally warm Spring and Summer weather of this year. According to Accuweather.com, the warm weather led to a greater population of flying insects, like mosquitos, beetles, and flies, all of which are the primary food source for spiders. With there being plenty to eat this year, the spider population has increased dramatically.

But what does it mean for us? Well, if you're like me, you may have been feeling paranoid for a while now about the massive infestation of spiders on, or in, everything you keep outside. This answers my own questions as to why, after parking my bike outside my appartment every night this summer, every morning it was covered in spiders and their webs. And not just my bike either. I haven't been able to open my bedroom window since I moved in in the Spring.

Well, this is just one more reason I'm ready for a nice Winter this year. I'm rooting for a white holiday season!

As always, here's a link to the article. Hope you all are having a wonderful week!
http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/abundance-of-spiders-weaving-s/77850

Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment