Tuesday, December 11, 2012

12/11/2012 ~ Apologies and Updates(Sandy Part 1/2(The Before))

     I know I owe this blog an apology. I underestimated the amount of work that I would end up having with the amount of credits I am taking this semester, as well as the amount of hours I'd be busy with my job. Because of the crazy-business that resulted from this, I haven't posted since October. I know I can't make up for missing over a month's worth of posts, but I do want to touch on a few more things before I leave this post behind me.

     Okay. I would be remiss if I didn't post about Hurricane Sandy. Since it's such a bit topic, I'm going to break it into two posts. This first one will be on the mitigation prior to Sandy, while the second will be on the mitigation after the hurricane.

     Mitigation before Sandy hit consisted of prepping with sandbagging, providing residents with radios, generators & other materials to aid in the after process, evacuations, and warnings going out about a week before the expected hit.

NY TimesCBSAljazeera

Personally, I just don't think they knew how bad it would end up being, and therefore didn't prepare enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment